Saturday, April 20, 2013

Open letter to Hamish, does calling me ‘middle class’ help you when dealing with me? It’s true; I led a sheltered existence at uni knowing Medics, Dentists, Vets, Lawyers, Scientists and doing my teaching, didn’t make me one of them




Dear Hamish

“George”.

Have you given up on using the word traitor?

Or did you decide to take my word on what I wrote regarding who is actually a traitor?

“it is true that you did not directly state that Tommy Sheridan was a rich Tory, but you are missing an obvious logical conclusion here. If he is living in a house that only a rich Tory could afford, then the householder is a rich Tory”.

I was trying to highlight that although Tommy Sheridan, ‘brother’ ‘comrade’ cloth cap, donkey jacket and ‘hero of the working class’ spouts on about the poor, his lifestyle certainly isn’t.

“Either the householder is Tommy Sheridan or someone else is putting him up there”.

I think we can be fairly certain; Tommy’s home is his castle.

“It is not actually an insult to point out that someone is middle-class”.

No, but in this case regarding me, you are wrong, I am working class, true I have been to uni, taught in the place but also I was doing the shit jobs as well.

At uni my first job was as a ‘womble’.

“Scots generally are less concerned about class than the English. My father's father was a plumber, my mother's father was a crofter. They were both teachers. I spent my career programming computers and designing computer systems. I guess that makes me second-generation middle-class”.

Whatever tag you wish to use for yourself is fine by me.

“Get over the fact that you are manifestly middle-class, unless you are actually upper-class and depend on a private income to fund your blogging”.

I blog that doesn’t make me middle class, and as to the blog itself, it doesn’t get funded by anyone not even this stuff.


“May I add that I deplore the abusive language which you quote has been directed at you by others. Never by me, as I trust you on”.

Hamish, there are some terribly unhappy Nationalists out there, including the ones that smeared me out of pure spite.

And if you stick around for the finish, you will see more unhappiness of epic proportions.

At Edinburgh Napier University 70.5 % voted against Scottish independence, another epic failure.

Add to it ever poll has indy crashing through the floor, this is all in the public domain, do you remember Salmond going on about the ‘Celtic block’ of 20 MPs in 2010?

How many did he get?

6!

The same 6 as he had in previously, and that is because the SNP isn’t seen as credible at Westminster, just like the NATO debacle, people have been allowed to fester alongside bankrupt policies and the public do notice.

Alex Salmond knows the game is up, of course, I don’t expect you to notice the same things I do, or how they all add up.

Regardless of all that, I have a track record of calling it right, which is pretty good, and I am telling you, Scottish independence support has completely collapsed and Alex Salmond, Nicola Sturgeon and Peter Murrell can’t fix it.

So, are you out fighting the ‘good fight’ doing Yes Scotland events?

If you are, you will notice the lack of personnel as just a handful of people turn up; this is because the majority of SNP members wouldn’t turn out for Salmond and Sturgeon.

Why should they when they read how badly others get treated.

Last SNP Conference was a major flop, the big ‘we are on our way’ never even got out of the car park.

Yours sincerely

George Laird
The Campaign for Human Rights at Glasgow University

No comments: